As part of our entperirising technology day your students will develop the skills needed to create the concept of a new product based on the new technologies of mobile communications. They will also develop the enterprise skills needed to deliver a product, taking account of a number of constraints including understanding the needs of the customer and creating the right brand to generate global sales such as Vodafone, Apple, LG and Nokia.
Benefits for your students:
At the end of the Enterprising Technology Day, your students will:
- Have solved problems of design whilst working within a variety of constraints
- Be able to describe the skills needed to solve problems & make compromises within the design process
- Have worked effectively with others as a team, making decisions through negotiation
- Have produced & delivered a presentation orally with suitable visual aids
- Be able to evaluate personal performance to aid future development
- Have worked in an exciting, interactive learning environment that simulates the real business world
- Have developed sustainable skills that increase their employability
Benefits for your school
- Immediate tangible outcomes showing development of enterprise awareness, and individual personal development plans
- Ofsted requirements are met and exceeded
- E4A’s experienced business people run the day
Your students, working in teams of 6 to 8, are set the challenge as consultants to research and recommend a new product line for a company that wishes to diversify. After a plenary introductory session to set the challenge, your students have various tasks and roles to perform including:
- Investigating & understanding the client company
- Market research into new products and competitors
- Mind mapping new product ideas
- Producing sketches and detailed drawings of the new products
- Producing a written business proposal of their solution
- Delivering a short presentation of their proposal to key decision makers
The day is based on group work, role plays and exercises to encourage participation. Business people provide professional delivery, enabling your students to learn through practical experience. Business activity, teamwork, time management and presentations are just some examples. This day is appropriate for all abilities.
- Awards are given to the team with the best proposal and demonstrating the most commitment to teamwork and performance.
- All your students receive a certificate of achievement.