Your students will develop the skills needed to investigate and research information to produce a news sheet. They will also develop the enterprise skills needed to deliver a quality product on time.
Benefits for your students:
At the end of the Enterprising Challenge Day, your students will:
- Have planned and carried out reliable research into news articles
- Have developed the mathematical skills needed to layout a news sheet within financial constraints
- Have worked together as a team, making decisions & identifying viable solutions to produce a high quality news sheet
- Have developed the communications skills to produce interesting, concise and accurate reports
- Be able to evaluate personal performance to aid future development
- Have worked in an exciting, interactive learning environment that simulates the real business world
- Have developed sustainable skills that increase their employability
Benefits for your school
- Immediate tangible outcomes showing development of enterprise awareness, and individual personal development plans
- Ofsted requirements are met and exceeded
- E4A’s experienced business people run the day
Your students, working in teams of 6 to 8, are set the challenge to revitalise the front and back pages of a struggling local evening newspaper. After a plenary introductory session to set the challenge, your students have various tasks and roles to perform including:
- An interview with a local business person
- Cover breaking news occurring during the day by attending a press conference
- Cover sports events to capture local interest
- Add any filling articles as required
- Show the layout of all the advertising
- Follow the conventions to for setting out the front and back page
- Deliver a short presentation of their “highs and lows” during the day
The day is based on group work, role plays and exercises to encourage participation. Business people provide professional delivery, enabling your students to learn through practical experience. Business activity, teamwork, time management and presentations are just some examples. This day is appropriate for all abilities.
- Awards are given to the team with the best proposal and demonstrating the most commitment to teamwork and performance.
- All your students receive a certificate of achievement.
To find out more details or make a booking please call us on 01924 277343 or get in touch through our enquiry form.